Thursday, August 5, 2010

Please stay away from Compass Bank!!!

COMPASS BANK Complaint by Tbreeze77

This is the worse bank ever! My husband opened the account with them, unfortunately.

We had our visa card stolen last year and we had to jump through 101 hoops with them to get any help. Do not trust anything this banks tells you!!!

We made a $2.00 error once and because they put through all debits for the day before applying the deposit, we ended up with 18 NSF fees @ 38.00 each. Add it up...My sister, Dad and 11 other people I know have had similar situations. I paid one of my bills last week and the institution I was paying posted it to the Compass account (I had $7 in it because I haven't had time to close the account) instead of my "old faithful" Florida Credit Union account. I called the bank right away, they told me they paid the bill and applied a 38.00 NSF, well today, my cell phone was turned off. They didn't pay it and they added 3 more $38.00 NSF fees!!! I called them and guess what? They only accept calls from 9-5 eastern time, isn't this the 7am-7pm banking advertised?? Please if anyone can give me any ideas on what to do about this bank, email me, I want to get this out to as many people as possible, their banking practices are so shady, there must be something that can be done! At the very least, if I can prevent just 10 people from banking with them, I would be happy but prefer millions!

Email:   JTJConcrete@aol.com
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. You're mad because the bank put through all the debits you spent on previous days before your deposit of the same day?

    Yes bank, present my items according to my needs, regardless of whether or not i had the money to spend at the time.

    Pay my bills for me, don't worry if the money is there or not. I'll complain about going negative, but if my bill doesn't get paid, i'll complain about that.

    You're spending money anticipating your incoming deposit to cover it all for you. If you knew banking, you'd know your deposit can only be credited to your account when the depositor allows the bank to do so.

    Learn the difference between overdraft fees and non-sufficient fund fees.

    Don't set up bill pay if you dont have money when the bills come through.

    If you dont take the time to stop bill pay, you're going to get boned. Don't complain to the bank because you were too lazy to stop your transaction.

    Lady you are fighting your own ignorance.

    You ma'am, are a moron.

    ReplyDelete