Monday, August 2, 2010

BBVA Compass Bank Complaints - Non-sufficient Funds Charges

BBVA Compass Bank

Posted: 2009-03-23 by"JAT "


Non-sufficient Funds Charges
Company information:
BBVA Compass Banm
Jackosnville, Florida
United States

Compass Bank has charged my account about $250 in overdrawn charges stemming from an oversight that led to a $3 negative balance. By the time I saw the first $38 NSF charge, my online account information showed that a transfer wire deposit had posted and the account was no longer negative. What I did not know is that a small debit charge posted before the deposit, thus another $38 was charged. By this time, I had used my debit card twice more for small transactions, thinking I had a positive balance to cover them. Requests to remove all but the first charge were denied. I have refused to cover the negative balance of the account since all of this is due to ridiculous NSF charges. I have another checking account with Bank of America, so Compass can have their account, but not my hard-earned money!

1 comment:

  1. It didn't occur to you to check your balance and your pending transactions? If you budgeted your money and maintained your account you wouldn't have these issues.

    ReplyDelete